Link to homepage

National offer day

National offer day for primary allocation was Thursday 16 April 2015. 

Rising pupil numbers

Pupil numbers at primary phase are rising across the county which may affect the likelihood of gaining a place at some of the most popular and oversubscribed schools. You are advised to consider listing your local school as one of your preferences.


Apply for a primary school place

Please note the closing date for a primary admissions application was 15 January 2015.

If you live within North Yorkshire and your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 and you need to apply for a primary school place for September 2015 or your child needs to transfer from Infant to Junior School you must now apply using the application form which can be found in the in-year applications section. If you do not live in North Yorkshire you will need to apply to your home authority.

You can apply if your child lives in North Yorkshire and is eligible to start primary school (born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 inclusive) or transfer from infant to junior school (born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008) during the academic year 2015-16. If you live outside of North Yorkshire you should contact your home authority.

You must complete the application form as soon as possible, regardless of the type of school you are applying for or where it is so that we can allocate a school place to your child in accordance with our agreed scheme for coordinating admissions.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have read all of the information provided to you via this website before applying online.

Need help?

You can access frequently asked questions about admissions, view location and statistical information about our schools, view admissions policies, find out about support that is available to you and view details of the appeals process.

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our admissions team.

In-year applications

If you intend to apply in-year for a school place, for example sometimes children need to move school at times other than entry to reception, year 6 transfer to secondary school or transfer to middle school, then you should apply here.

This page was last updated on 29 April 2015