Link to homepage

Charges for hardcore, rubble and plasterboard

From 4 August 2014 we will be charging residents for the disposal of hardcore, rubble and plasterboard delivered to our household waste recycling centres.

See the charges for hardcore, rubble and plasterboard page for more details.

Commercial waste service

From 4 August 2014, commercial waste can be taken to any of our household waste recycling centre for a charge.

See the new commercial waste service page for more details.


Household waste recycling centres

We provide 20 household waste recycling centres, re-using, recycling and composting more than 60 per cent of all waste delivered to sites.

Opening times

  • March - 8.30am - 5pm
  • April - September - 8.30am - 7pm
  • October - 8.30am - 5pm
  • November - February - 8.30am - 4pm

Please allow sufficient time to unload the waste from your vehicle before the above closing times. 

We are closed every Wednesday, and on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.

Centre locations

If you know the name of your local household waste recycling centre, you can select it from this list and view further information, such as location and the types of materials that can be recycled.

Household waste recycling centres

Alternatively, you can view the centres on a map:

View HWRCs in a larger map

Green pin Standard HWRC Red pin Mobile HWRC Blue pin HWRC also accepts commercial waste  

Mobile household waste recycling centres

We also operate mobile household waste recycling sites to provide recycling/disposal facilities in some areas. Find out more about the service, including dates and opening times here.

Restrictions on vehicles that may use our sites

Most residents using cars, estate cars or people carriers do not need to register. However, if you use a commercial or commercial-like vehicle to deliver your household waste from the domestic property at which you live, or you are a charity and want to deliver your charity waste, you need to register with us.

Our pdf icon household waste recycling centre guidance leaflet [690kb] advises whether or not you need to pdf icon register to use our household waste recycling centres [202kb]. The guidance also provides information about delivering other types of wastes; waste from charities, community and voluntary groups; commercial waste; and delivering waste on behalf of friends, families and neighbours.

You will be unable to use Wombleton HWRC if you use a commercial or commercial-like vehicle that is larger than 4.9m long or 2.1m high, or if you intend to use a trailer of any size.

Hazardous waste collection

Hazardous chemicals cannot be accepted at the household waste recycling centres, so you should contact us if you have any hazardous chemicals from your home. Tell the team as much as you can about what needs to be collected, including quantity, volume and size. Hazardous chemicals from a business or charity must be disposed of through a private licensed contractor.

Policies and guidance

We've pdf icon 24 policies covering the provision of the service [110kb] including location, accessibility, waste types accepted, information and communication.

Guidance is in place covering residents using commercial or commercial-like vehicles, to deliver waste from home improvements and repairs, charities, community and voluntary groups, hazardous waste and commercial waste on behalf of friends, families and neighbours. pdf icon Download the guidance document here [690kb].

This page was last updated on 8 July 2014