We publish our data so that citizens can see how we work and where money is spent. The data is published in an accessible format and can be freely reused in accordance with the open data licence.
Spending and contract
As part of our commitment to demonstrating value for money and local government transparency, we publish details of all our spending over £500. The information published includes:
- The name of the supplier;
- The date payment was made;
- The nature of the expense; and
- The amount paid.
The information published does not include:
- Payments made to private individuals; or
- Payments made by schools, as the money we receive for schools is passed directly to them to manage their own budgets.
Our accounts are subject to external audit by Deloitte LLP of 1 City Square, Leeds, LS1 2AL. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights of inspection [13kb] in the audit process.
Spending over £500
We publish details of our contracts register for items of spending which exceed £10,000 (excluding those related to individual packages of care). This register will be published on a quarterly basis.
We publish details of framework agreements and approved lists which we have established; these may also be used by other public sector bodies. The estimated total value of the agreement/list shown covers expenditure by all participating bodies and may not reflect our spending. For details of our expenditure with these suppliers, please review the spending over £500 register above.
You can also access other financial information, such as:
- Statement of financial accounts - find out what the council spent it's money on in previous years; and
- Tender, procurement and contract information - find out more about the council's procurement policies.
View the following links/documents for councillor information:
- Councillor allowance information
- Meetings, minutes and agendas
- Councillor location and contact details [15kb]
Management and structure of the council
- Senior officials salaries [85kb]
- Pay policy statement on pay structure, grading and conditions for senior managers [313kb] (for the period 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015)
- Council structure [109kb]
- Political structure [82kb]
- Forward plan [545kb]
Open data in government licence
You are only able to reuse this data using the government's public sector open data licence.