Supported and sheltered housing (supporting people)
Supporting people is a government programme that develops housing support services to help vulnerable people live independently.
Some examples of the things that support services can help you with are:
- Learning domestic, life or social skills to become more independent;
- Assistance in applying for benefits, budgeting and managing debts;
- Finding somewhere to live and setting up home;
- Gaining access to other support or community services;
- Finding out about work or training;
- Dealing with other professionals, family and neighbours and advocating on your behalf;
- Keeping an eye on your wellbeing; and
- Providing alarm systems to enable people to call for help in an emergency.
These services are provided by different providers across North Yorkshire.