17 St James Square
Library opening hours
- Monday - 2pm - 5pm
- Tuesday - 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday - 9am - 1pm*
- Thursday - 10am - 1pm
- Friday - 10am - 1pm, 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday - 10am - 12 noon
- Sunday - closed
* Service provided by Boroughbridge Area Community Library Association.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in St. James' Square, overlooking the square itself and is over the road from the Malt Shovel pub.
There is limited roadside car parking in the street opposite, or a free car park in Back Lane which is behind the library. There is ramped access to the library as well as automatic doors. The meeting room is on the first floor and is easily reached by stairs or platform lift.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- baby changing
- free wi-fi
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- study area
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Class visits may be organised to the library.
View news and events for Boroughbridge library and all libraries in North Yorkshire.
Consultation on changes to North Yorkshire's library services
We recently consulted on proposals to change how library services are run across North Yorkshire. The consultation has now closed but the information is still available for reference purposes. You can also read a Boroughbridge library information sheet [90kb] which gives key facts and figures about this library.