Changes to opening times from 1 May
From 1 May Wednesday opening times will be from 9am - 1pm only.
17 St James Square
Library opening hours
- Monday - 2pm - 5pm
- Tuesday - 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday - 9am - 1pm*, 5pm - 7pm*
- Thursday - 10am - 1pm
- Friday - 10am - 1pm, 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday - 10am - 12 noon
- Sunday - closed
* Service provided by Boroughbridge Area Community Library Association (BACLA).
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in St. James' Square, overlooking the square itself and is over the road from the Malt Shovel pub.
There is limited roadside car parking in the street opposite, or a free car park in Back Lane which is behind the library. There is ramped access to the library as well as automatic doors. The meeting room is on the first floor and is easily reached by stairs or platform lift.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- baby changing
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- study area
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Class visits may be organised to the library.
View news and events for Boroughbridge library and all libraries in North Yorkshire.