Bank Holiday closure
All our libraries will be closed over the Easter Bank Holiday period, including Saturday and Sunday. Libraries will reopen according to their usual opening hours from Tuesday 22 April.
Library opening hours
- Monday - 9.30am - 7pm
- Tuesday - 9.30am - 5pm
- Wednesday - 9.30am - 5pm
- Thursday - 9.30am - 1pm
- Friday - 9.30am - 5pm
- Saturday - 9.30am - 12 noon
- Sunday - closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is located on Eastfield High Street just below the main shopping centre at the bottom of the pedestrianised area. Eastfield Community Centre is directly opposite the main entrance. The nearest bus stop, for routes 7 and 17 serves the nearby shopping area.
There is no dedicated car parking, but on-street parking is available adjacent to the library and there are no restrictions in force. The library has automatic doors and all areas are accessible to wheelchairs. A hearing loop is available at the counter. Baby-changing facilities are also available.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- help with your blue badge application is available
- induction loop
- internet and computer access
- issuing of bus passes for disabled people
- issuing of bus passes for older people
- language courses
- local studies
- meeting room available for hire
- tea and coffee
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Class visits may be organised to the library.
View news and events for Eastfield library and all libraries in North Yorkshire.
A storytime for under fives is held every Wednesday afternoon from 1.30pm - 2.15pm.