Library opening hours
- Monday - 9am - 5.30pm
- Tuesday - 9am - 5.30pm
- Wednesday - 9am - 5.30pm
- Thursday - 9am - 5.30pm
- Friday - 9am - 5.30pm
- Saturday - 9am - 12.30pm
- Sunday - closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is located at the end of an alley called the Neukin between the Bay Tree Café and the Bull's Head Hotel, opposite to Elijah Allen's Grocers Shop.
There are no parking spaces at the library. Parking is available on the front of Main Street. There are also two pay and display car parks, one at the Dales Countryside Museum and the other in Gayle Lane. Buses stop in the marketplace which is a three minute walk away. The library is wheelchair accessible.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- family history
- free wi-fi
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- parents' collection
- shared services (see below)
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Class visits may be organised to the library.
View news and events for Hawes library and all libraries in North Yorkshire.
In addition to the usual library services, you can also access some services provided by other organisations at the library. These are:
Richmondshire District Council
- Pay your rent, council tax and business rates etc;
- Refuse collection enquiries, including garden waste and bulky refuse;
- Buy car park permits; and
- Housing and benefits enquires.
You can find more details on the services available from the Richmondshire District Council Upper Wensleydale Community Office web page.
North Yorkshire Police Authority
You can find more details from www.northyorkshire.police.uk.
Hawes Post Office
- DVLA - car tax
- Cash withdrawals and deposits using chip and pin
- Post Office card accounts
- Travel money cards
- Euros and US dollars currency
- Foreign currency pre-ordering service
- Postal services
- Postal orders
- Bill payments
You can find more details from www.postoffice.co.uk.
Hawes Community Office (UWCP Ltd)
- projector and projector screen hire
- coffee machine
- free wi-fi
You can find more details from www.hawescommunityoffice.co.uk.
- electric key top-up
- mobile phone top-up
- TV licence payments
- barcoded bill payments
You can find more details from www.paypoint.com.
Little White Bus
- Community bus service - scheduled and demand responsive services
You can find more details from www.littlewhitebus.co.uk.