Library opening hours
- Monday - closed
- Tuesday - 10am - 12 noon
- Wednesday - closed
- Thursday - 10am - 12.30pm, 2pm - 4pm
- Friday - 10am - 6pm*
- Saturday - 10am - 12 noon
- Sunday - closed
* Service provided by volunteers and North Yorkshire County Council.
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is situated at the front of the Town Hall, which is centrally located in the marketplace. The 128, Stephensons and 194 buses all stop in the marketplace.
There is a short-stay pay car park outside the library. Long-stay parking is available in the town and is clearly sign posted. The library is accessible to wheelchairs and baby-changing facilities are available.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- children's area with toys
- family history
- internet and computer access
- IT taster sessions
- language courses
- local studies
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
We have class visits from Helmsley Community Primary School on Tuesdays and Thursdays, during term-time only.
Home library service
The home library service operates fortnightly from the library, serving Helmsley and the surrounding area. Deliveries are on Thursday mornings.
There is a storytime and craft session for the under fives every Thursday, from 2.30pm to 3pm.