68A High Street
Library opening hours
- Monday - 12 noon - 2pm*, 2pm - 6pm
- Tuesday - 10am - 1pm, 1pm - 2pm*, 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday - 12 noon - 2pm*, 2pm - 5pm
- Thursday - closed
- Friday - 12 noon - 2pm*, 2pm-5pm
- Saturday - 10am - 12 noon
- Sunday - closed
* Service provided by Friends of Starbeck Library.
Popular library tasks
- Search for books in the library catalogue
- Renew your books
- Reserve books or other items
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks
- Join the library online
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum)
- Access online reference sources
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in the Starbeck Central community hub, next to Belmont Park on the High Street in Starbeck. There is a bus stop two minutes walk away and the train station is a five minute walk away.
There is one car parking space available at the front of the building for use by people with a disability. Free street parking is available on the High Street and neighbouring roads. A small, free car park is also available at St Andrew's Church. Cycle racks are also provided.
Starbeck Central is on one floor and all areas are accessible to wheelchair users. There is a disabled toilet and a changing place available.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- book crawl for under fives
- cafe area supported by Bakewell
- 'communicate in print' software available on one computer
- free wi-fi
- Handprints shop
- changing place
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- parents' collection
- self-service kiosk to borrow, renew or return books
- shared services - Starbeck Central
'Communicate in print' software
This software enables people to create symbols for communicating. It is ideal for people and families where communication is impaired, for example by learning disabilities, autism or dementia. Training in how to use the software can be booked at Harrogate library.
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Class visits may be organised to the library.
View news and events for Starbeck library and all libraries in North Yorkshire.
Home library service
The home library service operates fortnightly from the library, serving Starbeck and the surrounding area.
There is a musical storytime for under-fives on the first Wednesday of every month from 2pm to 2.45pm.
Shared services - Starbeck Central
Starbeck Central is a shared building which also houses creative enterprises for adults with learning disabilities (Bakewell and Handprints), in addition to the library. The services available at Starbeck Central are:
- Bake Well small baking enterprise;
- Changing place;
- Day respite service;
- Flexible meeting space for community groups, events etc.;
- Handprints creative art enterprise; and
- Refreshment area.
Consultation on changes to North Yorkshire's library services
We recently consulted on proposals to change how library services are run across North Yorkshire. The consultation has now closed but the information is still available for reference purposes. You can also read a Starbeck library information sheet [119kb] which gives key facts and figures about this library.