Special educational needs - parent partnership service
The parent partnership service provides impartial information and advice to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs, learning difficulties or disabilities.
The team of parent partnership co-ordinators, who are qualified and experienced in special educational needs, can:
- Listen to your concerns and worries;
- Give you information about special educational needs;
- Offer home visits;
- Provide advice by telephone;
- Support you in meetings;
- Go with you and your child to visit schools;
- Give you information about the special educational needs mediation service;
- Provide information about the special educational needs and disability tribunal; and
- Put you in touch with a voluntary organisation or parent support group.
For parent partnership service enquiries, telephone 0845 034 9469. If you would like to find out about other parent partnership services, visit the National Parent Partnership Service website.