Special educational needs - parent partnership service
The parent partnership service provides confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children who have special educational needs, learning difficulties or disabilities.
The team of parent partnership co-ordinators, who are qualified and experienced in special educational needs, can:
- Listen to your concerns and worries;
- Give you information about special educational needs;
- Offer home visits;
- Provide advice by telephone;
- Support you in meetings;
- Go with you and your child to visit schools;
- Give you information about the special educational needs mediation service;
- Provide information about the special educational needs and disability tribunal; and
- Put you in touch with a voluntary organisation or parent support group.
Information sheets for parents
- Impartiality policy [292kb]
- Confidentiality policy [78kb]
- What is an education, health and care plan [128kb]
- Introducing personal budgets and the local offer [136kb]
- Tips on attending meetings with the school [93kb]
- Transferring from primary to secondary school [153kb]
- Your child's annual review [154kb]
- Lunchtime exclusion [74kb]
- Disagreements and complaints [116kb]
For parent partnership service enquiries, telephone 0845 034 9469. This enquiry line open during office hours throughout the year, including school holidays.
We also have dedicated parent partnership co-ordinators for each area of the county:
- Hambleton and Richmondshire
- Harrogate, Ripon and Knaresborough
- Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale
- Selby, Sherburn and Tadcaster
You can also contact the senior parent partnership coordinator if required.