Changing the way we deal with waste at HWRCs.
We're consulting on changes to the way we deal with waste at our household waste recycling centres so that we can deliver savings due to government budget cuts. We need your views - get involved and have your say .
- March - 8.30am - 5pm
- April - September - 8.30am - 7pm
- October - 8.30am - 5pm
- November - February - 8.30am - 4pm
We are closed every Wednesday, and on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Restrictions on vehicles that may use our sites
Most residents using cars, estates, people carriers, 4x4s or trailers do not need to register. However, if you are using commercial vehicles or large vehicles, you will need to register.
Our household waste recycling centre guidance leaflet [690kb] advises whether or not you need to register to use our household waste recycling centres [202kb].
Items that can be accepted here
- paper, cardboard, telephone directories, books
- garden waste
- glass, food and drink cans, foil, scrap metal
- plastic bottles
- mixed textiles and clothes
- batteries, fluorescent tubes, tvs and monitors, fridges and freezers, large appliances, small appliances
- furnitures, bric-a-brac, cooking oil
- car batteries, used engine oil, tyres
- wood and timber, hardcore and rubble, plasterboard
- gas bottles, waste for landfill