- April to September - 8.30am to 5pm (open every day except Wednesdays*)
- October to March - 8.30am to 4pm (open every day except Wednesdays*)
Please allow sufficient time to unload the waste from your vehicle before the site closes.
*We are closed every Wednesday, and on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Charges for waste
All residents are charged for the disposal of hardcore, rubble, plasterboard and tyres delivered to our household waste recycling centres. Find out more about our charges for waste here.
Restrictions on vehicles that may use our sites
Most residents using cars, estate cars, people carriers or trailers do not need to register. However, if you are using a commercial or commercial-like vehicle you will need to register to deliver your household waste.
Our household waste recycling centre guidance leaflet [764kb] advises whether or not you need to register to use our household waste recycling centres [34kb].
Items that can be accepted here
- paper, cardboard, telephone directories, books
- garden waste
- glass, food and drink cans, foil, scrap metal
- plastic bottles
- mixed textiles and clothes
- batteries, fluorescent tubes, tvs and monitors, fridges and freezers, large appliances, small appliances
- furniture (including beds, mattresses, sofas and chairs), bric-a-brac, cooking oil
- car batteries, used engine oil, tyres
- wood and timber, hardcore and rubble, plasterboard
- gas bottles, waste for landfill
Please note that we do not allow biodegradable bags to be deposited in the green waste containers.
Live chat service
If you've got any questions about our household waste recycling centres, why not speak to one of our advisors? Available during office hours.