- March - 8.30am - 5pm
- April - September - 8.30am - 7pm
- October - 8.30am - 5pm
- November - February - 8.30am - 4pm
Please allow sufficient time to unload the waste from your vehicle before the above closing times.
We are closed every Wednesday, and on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Charges for waste
Residents will now be charged for the disposal of hardcore, rubble and plasterboard delivered to our household waste recycling centres. Find out more here.
Restrictions on vehicles that may use our sites
Most residents using cars, estate cars or people carriers do not need to register. However, if you are using a commercial or commercial-like vehicle you will need to register to deliver your household waste.
You will be unable to use Wombleton HWRC if you use a commercial or commercial-like vehicle that is larger than 4.9m long or 2.1m high, or if you intend to use a trailer of any size. If you wish to use a large vehicle or trailer, please use a neighbouring household waste recycling centre.
Our household waste recycling centre guidance leaflet [2Mb] advises whether or not you need to register to use our household waste recycling centres [39kb].
Items that can be accepted here
- paper, cardboard, telephone directories, books
- garden waste
- glass, food and drink cans, foil, scrap metal
- plastic bottles
- mixed textiles and clothes
- batteries, fluorescent tubes, tvs and monitors, fridges and freezers, large appliances, small appliances
- furnitures, bric-a-brac
- car batteries, tyres (four per person per visit)
- wood and timber, hardcore and rubble, plasterboard
- gas bottles, waste for landfill
Please note that we do not allow biodegradable bags to be deposited in the green waste containers.
Live chat service
If you've got any questions about our household waste recycling centres, why not speak to one of our advisors? Available during office hours.