Important notice - this site will close from 29 March 2015
We have been given notice by Wakefield Council that they will close Ferrybridge household waste recycling centre from Sunday 29 March 2015. They will be opening a replacement site on the following day in Glasshoughton as part of a programme to deliver a better service to their residents under their new contractual arrangements for managing Wakefield's waste.
We have been unable to secure arrangements with Wakefield Council to allow North Yorkshire residents to use the new site. As a result, from Monday 30 March 2015, you will no longer be able to use a Wakefield facility to dispose of your waste.
April to September
- Monday to Friday - 8am - 5pm
- Saturday - 8am - 4pm
- Sunday - 9am - 4pm
October to March
- Monday to Saturday - 8am - 4pm
- Sunday - 9am - 4pm
We are closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Conditions for using Ferrybridge household waste recycling centre
Use of Ferrybridge household waste recycling centre is subject to a number of conditions, which are outlined in the Ferrybridge HWRC permit leaflet 2014 [1Mb] and summarised below.
- A permit must be obtained from North Yorkshire County Council [22kb] and displayed in your car window to be able to use the site;
- Permits are not transferable;
- The use of vans and pick-ups is prohibited (including hire vans);
- Trailers over 1.83m by 1.22m are prohibited;
- Recycling must be given priority over disposal - please sort your waste before leaving home;
- Residents must take part in usage surveys when requested; and
- North Yorkshire residents cannot dispose of hardcore, rubble or plasterboard waste at Ferrybridge HWRC. Residents can dispose of hardcore, rubble and plasterboard at North Yorkshire HWRCs at a charge. See our hardcore and rubble page for details of the charges.
Items that can be accepted here
As this household waste recycling centre is run by Shanks working in partnership with Wakefield Council, please visit their web page for the most up to date list of items that are accepted.
Live chat service
If you've got any questions about our household waste recycling centres, why not speak to one of our advisors? Available during office hours.