Link to homepage

Paid travel permits

Pupils can apply for a paid travel permit if they are not entitled to assistance with transport to a school or college.

Please ensure you read all of the information below, including the frequently asked questions, before applying for a paid travel permit.

In order to check whether a bus serves your school from your town/village, visit the timetable information page.

Applying and paying for a paid travel permit

Our preferred method for receiving payment is online by setting up a Direct Debit to pay by monthly instalments. However, if you are unable to pay online or would like to pay the full amount, you can pay by post or telephone.

Apply online for 2016-17


Please note - denominational transport is no longer an option. If you select the denominational transport option your application will be automatically rejected. (This option is in the process of being removed from the website).


Please note, we are currently unable to accept applications for the 2017-18 academic year.

We will review and check the availability on your chosen service(s) and once the transport request has been approved, a permit will be issued and payment will be then taken. Please note, terms and conditions apply.


Post 16 pupils who currently receive free transport and are continuing their education at their existing mainstream school can apply for a paid travel permit. If you have any special circumstances (including a statement of special educational needs) please apply through the post 16 application process.

If you wish to apply for a post 16 permit but are not continuing education at your existing mainstream school, please apply through the post 16 application process.

If you are unsure whether you are entitled to free transport, view the pdf icon Home to school and college transport policy [87kb] for more information or contact the education office.


The fees of a paid travel permit will vary depending on individual circumstances. View more information on the cost of paid travel permits here.

Paid travel permits - frequently asked questions

This page was last updated on 13 March 2017