We work with young people aged 11 to 19 and up to 25 for those with special educational needs or disabilities.
Dedicated youth support website
You can find a range of activities and information on the dedicated youth support website.
- You can access information about youth centres in your local area;
- Find out about keyfund, a way that groups of young people can bid for funding for their ideas;
- Get information and support on a wide range of issues with links to specialist organisations;
- Get involved with youth voice, which includes information on youth councils;
- Find out about youth arts, including connecting youth culture.
Aims of our youth support service
The main aim of our service is to widen horizons for all young people and we do this by increasing their knowledge and skills, developing their personal and social well-being, raising their participation in learning, empowering and enabling them to engage in decision making about things that affect them and safeguarding and protecting them.
We also support vulnerable and disadvantaged young people through early intervention and targeted youth support, involving one to one support for a short period of time to enable them to deal with their problems. Where young people have specific problems we support them with access to specialist services. For vulnerable groups we provide tailored provision, challenging young people about their risk taking behaviours and helping them to make positive choices.
Services we provide
- Youth clubs and centres providing places to go for young people to meet friends and relax;
- Activities and events giving young people the chance to do something different or to be involved with an organised project;
- Opportunities for young people to learn something new or to improve their skills in things that are of interest to them;
- Information and advice to help young people understand about things that affect them.