Link to homepage

Apply for a secondary school place for September 2017

If you live within North Yorkshire and your child was born between 1 September 2005 and 31 August 2006, your child will be eligible to transfer to secondary school at the start of the academic year 2017-18 and you will need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2017.

If your child is due to transfer to secondary school in September 2018 you will be able apply for a school place no later than 1 September 2017.

If you do not live in North Yorkshire you must apply directly to the authority where you live.

Step 1 - What to do before you apply

You should:

  • Read the pdf icon information for parents [571kb], for help and advice and to find out how admissions work;
  • Read the relevant policies and information for the school(s) you are interested in;
  • Check as some religious schools may require you to complete a supplementary information form as well as applying for a school place, you will need to refer to the schools policy;
  • Check which school is in your catchment area; and
  • Make sure you live within North Yorkshire.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have read all of the information provided to you via this website before applying.

Step 2 - How to apply online

The deadline for applying for a secondary school place to start in September 2017 was 31 October 2016. To submit a late application please use the 'Apply for a school place' button below.

Please note: You may experience some technical difficulties if you are using a handheld device or tablet to apply online. We recommend you use a standard desktop PC or laptop to make your application.

Need help?

You can access frequently asked questions about admissions, view location and statistical information about our schools, view admissions policies, find out about support that is available to you and view details of the appeals process.

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our admissions team.

In-year applications

If you want your child to change schools at any other time, for example you move into North Yorkshire or move address and you need to change schools, you will need to make an in-year application  

Selective school applications

You can find out more about selection tests here.

This page was last updated on 12 April 2017