Link to homepage

New to adult social care?

Do you, or somebody you know, need help with daily living?

Try our care and support short assessment. It provides advice and guidance to help you make informed choices about how you might wish to meet your care and support needs. It also provides a recommendation as to whether a full assessment of your needs might be helpful to you and allows you to send your information on to us. You can find out more about needs assessments here.

Who is the form for?

The form is for people aged 18 or over who are seeking information about care and support and those not currently receiving a care and support service from North Yorkshire County Council.

If you are enquiring about a person under the age of 18 you can view our SEND local offer information here. If you are already in contact with our health and adult services team, you should contact us.

A separate carers assessment is available for people who provide unpaid care to someone and might be in need of some support to help continue in their caring role.

If you are in need of mental health support you can contact the North Yorkshire out of hours mental health helpline.

Complete a care and support initial assessment

You can log in or register for an account below to complete an assessment. Once you have logged in or registered, you will be automatically taken to the assessment.

If you prefer, you can continue without logging in or registering for an account, but please be aware that you will not be able to save and return to the form at a later date.

Frequently asked questions

We have produced a list of frequently asked questions about the care and support initial assessment process which you can view here.

This page was last updated on 27 February 2017