Ask a librarian
This service lets you chat with a librarian from your library or your own computer.
- In the top window, you see whether chat is available or not available.
- If chat is not available now, you will see information about service options. You may have the option to send your e-mail address and question to your library now so a librarian can respond later through e-mail.
- If chat is available now, you type your questions and messages in the bottom window. You press Enter or click Send to send a message.
- Each message that you and the librarian send is added to the transcript in the top window. The newest message appears at the bottom of the transcript.
- You can click on any URL in the transcript to open a new window containing the Web page for the URL.
- If you request a transcript, the service sends it to your e-mail address when you end the chat.