How do I stay safe when getting a taxi?
There are a number of things you can do to stay safe when getting the taxi.
- Try to use a well established and if possible recommended taxi company.
- Don't get into a taxi that just stops on the street. Book a taxi by telephone or by going to the taxi office. Ask for the drivers name, and the make and colour of car that will come to pick you up.
- When the taxi arrives, check the name of the taxi company and the driver's name.
- Try to sit in the back of the taxi.
- If you travel late at night, book a taxi to pick you up from the train station.
- When you get out of the taxi, get into the house quickly. You can ask the taxi driver to wait outside until you are safely in your house.