How do I report road markings that are confusing, misleading or incorrect?
We are happy to receive notification from members of the public about any road markings that are causing concern.
When reporting a problem with road markings you must provide the following information:
- the exact location of the problem e.g. the road name and/or number,
- the type of road markings requiring investigation e.g. solid white lines, waiting restrictions, stop lines etc
- additional information you can provide about the type of problem e.g. lines are faded, lines are confusing or misleading, lines have been repainted incorrectly following re-surfacing works etc.
- your contact details
You can report a fault with road markings by:
- Completing the on-line report form to the right
- Telephoning the Customer Service Centre on 0845 8 72 73 74