Young people - information and advice
Information, advice and guidance for young people on a wide range of issues including careers, education and training is available through the youth support service.
Youth support hubs are based in Harrogate, Northallerton, Pickering, Scarborough, Selby, Skipton and other contact points. The information, advice website for young people in North Yorkshire is called Get Connected Now and this is where you will find everything that you may need to know about:
- qualifications - all the pathways explained and what the different levels mean - Foundation Learning, Functional Skills, Key Skills, Skills for Life, Diplomas, International Baccalaureate, BTECs, NVQs and other vocational qualifications, AS and A levels, Foundation Degrees, Bachelor degrees, HNCS and HNDS, Postgraduate qualifications;
- financial support - Education Maintenance Allowance, Care to Learn, benefits;
- careers -all the options available, career planning, CVs, application forms;
- courses in your area and nationally - the Area Wide prospectus, Aim Higher
- apprenticeships - over 190 types across 10 sectors;
- labour market Information - about the local and national job market;
- other support services - transport, substance misuse, sexual health, housing;
- helpful contacts.