The finance team provides financial advice and support across the county council, as well as to other partner organisations including Selby District Council and North York Moors National Parks Authority.
Rather than the traditional accountancy roles, these roles will give you the opportunity to be an enabler to managers, whilst influencing and challenging as appropriate. You will be an ambassador for customer self-help as you support budget managers to monitor and manage their own budgets through maximising technology and delivering efficient services that add value.
These posts provide opportunities to work across fields of accountancy including:
- financial planning, budget support and projects to internal and external clients;
- strategic planning;
- technical and capital including treasury management;
- schools and early years;
You will support a wide variety of front-line services, including children and young people services, health and adult services, business and environmental services. We also provide services to schools and early years providers as well as external customers including the North Yorkshire pension fund and an increasing number of commercial companies.
You may have experience in any of the above fields in accountancy and have a broad skills base; equally we are interested in hearing from you if you have specific skills relating to, for example:
- commercial finance - including cost accounting, pricing, financial modelling, preparation of commercial management accounts and margin analysis;
- VAT and tax planning - including VAT compliance and completions of associated returns, tax planning and also corporate tax computations and returns;
- preparation of public and private sector accounts.