The Licensing Act 2003 covers the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment.
By law, the following activities will require a licence:
- Retail sale of alcohol
- Supply of alcohol (for club premises)
- Performance of a play
- Exhibition of a film
- Indoor sporting events
- Boxing or wrestling
- Performance of live music
- Playing of recorded music
- Performance of dance
- Providing facilities for making music or dancing (such as providing a dance floor)
- Supply of hot food or drink between the hours of 11pm and 5am.