Apply to receive an apprenticeship levy transfer to fund apprenticeship training for your employees.
Employers can apply for apprenticeship levy funds to help them take on apprentices in key areas.
The apprenticeship levy is already giving employers like us a real opportunity to invest in high-quality training and learning, helping to grow our business and get the skilled workforce we need to thrive and succeed. We are now also able to work in partnership with other employers, supporting them to take on new apprentices and to support and develop existing employees.
As a large levy paying employer with an ambitious Apprentice Strategy, we can transfer up to 25% of our apprenticeship levy funds to other employers, helping to boost the number of high-quality apprenticeships across the county.
Who can apply for funding?
Employers looking to start new apprenticeships, particularly where the funds will create an apprenticeship that would not have been created without the funds. This can include new starters or existing employees undertaking an apprenticeship.
We are not able to transfer funds for apprenticeships that have already commenced.
Receiving employers can be:
- Supporting Stronger Communities
- Voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector
- Care sector
- North Yorkshire non-levy paying schools
- Supporting the development of a workforce linked to any identified and approved local initiative that meets the social and economic needs of the county
A full list can be found on our Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Criteria guidance document (pdf / 640 KB).
How does it work?
- In order to identify and select transfer recipients, we will conduct an expression of interest exercise.
- Receiving employers or organisations must be able to demonstrate how their apprenticeships will contribute to our Council Plan 2019-2023 and our vision and values.
- Any employer or organisation receiving funds must be registered on the apprenticeship service.
- A transfer can only be used to pay for training and assessment for apprenticeship standards.
- Transferred funds can be used for the training and assessment of new apprentices and existing employees undertaking apprenticeships. We cannot transfer funds for apprenticeships that have already started where an agreement with a learning provider is already in place.
Making an application
Employers interested in making a bid for a levy transfer will need to complete the Levy Transfer Expression of Interest form (doc / 693 KB) and submit by email to email@example.com. You will need to provide the following information:
- Title and level of apprenticeship standard/s.
- Details of which priority area the apprenticeship/s will meet.
- An indication of how you will support the 20% off-the-job requirement of the apprenticeship.
- A statement on how this will contribute to the delivery of your organisational aims, our Council Plan and identified vision and values.
Applications will be administered by our Training & Learning team who manage our apprenticeship programme and levy account.
Applications will be scored against the assessment questions and the eight priority areas.
As levy transfers can only be made against a named apprentice, approval in principle will be granted until the apprentice has been recruited and the learning provider identified.
The opportunity to apply for transfer funds will remain open throughout the year.
Applicants will be contacted within two weeks of initial application to confirm the outcome of their bid.
In the event of successful applications exceeding the funds available, a selection assessment exercise will be run to decide final recipients.
For monitoring purposes, receiving employers will also need to commit to notifying us on the outcome of the apprenticeship.