Apply for a primary or junior school place online.
Reception starters 2018
If you live within North Yorkshire and your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014, they are due to start school in 2018-19 and you need to apply for a primary school place for September 2018.
If you do not live in North Yorkshire you must apply to the authority where you live.
Infant to junior school transfer 2018
If your child is currently at an infant school and they were born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011, they are due to move to junior school. You need to apply for a school place for September 2018.
You must make an application for a place in Reception or to transfer from an infant to a junior school by the deadline of 15 January 2018.
Step 1 - Choose your school(s)
Some religious schools may ask you to complete a supplementary information form as well as applying for a school place. You will need to read the schools policy to check.
Step 2 - How to apply online
It is your responsibility to ensure you read the information on this website before applying.
You need to create an account, if you do not have one. Once this is done you will receive an email to verify your account.
Once verified you will can login and:
- make a new application listing up to five schools in order of preference;
- continue with an application;
- view your application; or
- view the school place offered on National Offer Day - 16 April 2018.
Important information about admissions
- access frequently asked questions about admissions;
- view location and statistical information about our schools;
- view admissions policies;
- find out about support that is available to you; and
- view details of the appeals process.
If you have any questions about the application process, contact our admissions team.
If your child needs to change schools at any other time, for example you move into North Yorkshire or move address, you need to make an in-year application.