Apply for a primary or junior school place using the online school admissions.
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, they are due to start school in 2017-18. You need to apply for a primary school place for September 2017. If you do not live in North Yorkshire you must apply to the authority where you live.
Infant to junior school transfer
If your child is currently at infant school and were born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010, they are due to move to junior school. You need to apply for a school place for September 2017.
Step 1 - Choose your school(s)
Some religious schools may ask you to complete a supplementary information form as well as applying for a school place. You will need to red the schools policy to check.
Step 2 - How to apply online
It is your responsibility to ensure you read the information on this website before applying.
You need to create an account, if you do not have one. Once this is done you will receive an email to verify your account.
Once verified you will can login and:
- make a new application listing up to five schools in order of preference;
- continue with an application;
- view your application; or
- view the school place offered on National Offer Day - 18 April 2017.
We recommend you use a computer rather than tablet or smartphone to apply online.
Important information about admissions
- access frequently asked questions about admissions;
- view location and statistical information about our schools;
- view admissions policies;
- find out about support that is available to you; and
- view details of the appeals process.
If you have any questions about the application process, contact our admissions team.
If your child needs to change schools at any other time, for example you move into North Yorkshire or move address, you need to make an in-year application.