Apply to start secondary school for the first time.
Step 1 - What to do before you apply
- Read the information on this website for help and advice and to find out how admissions work;
- Read the relevant policies and information for the school(s) you are interested in;
- Check as some religious schools may require you to complete a supplementary information form as well as applying for a school place, you will need to refer to the schools policy; and
- Check which school is in your catchment area.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have read all of the information provided to you via this website before applying.
Step 2 - How to apply online
- We recommend you use a computer rather than a tablet or smartphone to apply online.
- First you will need to create an account, if you do not have one, and register to apply online
- You will then receive a verification email to verify your account
- Once you have created and verified your account you can log in to:
- Make a new application listing up to five schools in order of preference;
- Continue with an application;
- View your application; or
- View the school place that has been offered on National Offer Day.
You can access frequently asked questions about admissions, view location and statistical information about our schools, view admissions policies, find out about support that is available to you and view details of the appeals process.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our admissions team.
If you intend to apply in-year for a school place, for example sometimes children need to move school at times other than entry to reception, year 6 transfer to secondary school or transfer to middle school, then you should apply here.