Apply to start secondary school for the first time and login to see your application.
Offer of a school place - the school place that has been allocated on National Offer Day is in line with the North Yorkshire co-ordinated admission scheme.
The head teacher of the school has been informed of the allocation and will make any further arrangements regarding the admission to secondary school.
If you do not wish to take up the ‘offered place’ because you have made alternative arrangements for education, please advise the admissions team by email as soon as possible firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been offered a place at a voluntary aided school or academy, which you do not wish to accept, you will need to contact the school direct.
Appeals - where you have not been ‘offered’ any of your higher preferenced schools, this is because there were more applications than there were places available and other children had a higher priority under the admission criteria for the school.
You have the statutory right of appeal to an independent admission appeal panel. Appeal forms and details of the procedure can be found here.
If you do not have internet access please call the admissions team on 01609 533679. Forms must be completed and submitted no later than Thursday 29 March 2018. If you wish to appeal for a place at:
- A voluntary aided school: you need to contact the school direct.
- An academy: you should contact the admissions team.
- A place at a school outside of North Yorkshire: you should contact the relevant authority.
Pupils with an 'education, health and care plan' or a 'statement of special educational need' have a different appeal process. Please contact our special educational needs and disabilities service on 01609 535002 for details.
Transport and free school meals
Where the school that has been allocated is the catchment or nearest school for your home address and is over the statutory walking distance, your child will be assessed for eligibility to home to school transport. If your child is entitled, a bus permit will be issued before the end of the summer term.
If the school that has been allocated to your child is not the catchment or the nearest school to your home address you will be responsible for transport arrangements and costs. Some families in receipt of certain benefits or the maximum level of working tax credit may be eligible for assistance.
Step 1 - What to do before you apply
- Read the information on this website for help and advice and to find out how admissions work;
- Read the relevant policies and information for the school(s) you are interested in;
- Check as some religious schools may require you to complete a supplementary information form as well as applying for a school place, you will need to refer to the schools policy; and
- Check which school is in your catchment area.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have read all of the information provided to you via this website before applying.
Step 2 - How to apply online
- We recommend you use a computer rather than a tablet or smartphone to apply online.
- First you will need to create an account, if you do not have one, and register to apply online
- You will then receive a verification email to verify your account
- Once you have created and verified your account you can log in to:
- Make a new application listing up to five schools in order of preference;
- Continue with an application;
- View your application; or
- View the school place that has been offered on National Offer Day.
You can access frequently asked questions about admissions, view location and statistical information about our schools, view admissions policies, find out about support that is available to you and view details of the appeals process.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our admissions team.
If you intend to apply in-year for a school place, for example sometimes children need to move school at times other than entry to reception, year 6 transfer to secondary school or transfer to middle school, then you should apply here.