View lists of our approved providers for adult social care services, and information on how we monitor our providers and details on how providers can contact us.
To comply with our contract procedure rules, we have created provider lists for the following areas of work:
- care homes with or without nursing;
- domiciliary care;
- non-regulated services;
- primary care services in community pharmacies; and
- primary care services in general practice.
The lists ensure that individual placement agreements and individual service contracts can be entered into by our purchasing staff with approved providers.
Further information regarding the provider lists and the application packs are available through YORtender.
Approved lists of providers
We have, with input from the independent and voluntary and community services sectors, developed the following quality assurance frameworks, which allow us to look at how providers are performing.
The framework forms the basis of our quality assurance visits to providers. It is also a useful tool for providers to audit themselves and to make improvements. We are currently reviewing the quality assurance frameworks.
Quality assurance framework documents and tools
- Quality assurance framework for services which are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (doc / 71 KB)
- Evaluation tool used to record evidence supporting submissions made by the regulated provider (doc / 203 KB)
- Quality assurance framework for services which are not registered with the Care Quality Commission and which are commissioned by us (doc / 368 KB)
- Evaluation tool used to record evidence supporting submissions made by the unregulated provider (doc / 197 KB)
We work with providers to make improvements and to acknowledge good practice. This is done through baseline assessments, which involve visits to care providers to assess how they work on a day-to-day basis. These visits aim to compliment, rather than duplicate, other organisations such as the Care Quality Commission.
As a result of the baseline assessment, there will sometimes be situations where action needs to be taken and this will be made clear to providers. There will also be opportunities for us to work alongside providers and to assist them.
The following contact details should be used for providers who hold contracts with us.
Contact details for general issues
Telephone: 01609 797042