Find out how to book a coronavirus (covid-19) test if you are a key worker or have symptoms
As part of the national testing programme for coronavirus (Covid-19), drive-through Mobile Testing Units, run by the Department for Health and Social Care, will be operating in the following locations over the coming days:
- Thursday 9 July - Whitby - Whitby Park and Ride, Whitby, YO21 1TL
- Thursday 9 July - Richmond - Round Howe Car Park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4T
- Friday 10 July - Northallerton - Allertonshire School, Brompton Road, Northallerton, DL6 1ED
- Saturday 11 July - Selby – South Entrance, Drax Power Station, New Road, Selby, YO8 8PH
- Sunday 12 July - Scarborough - Scarborough Park & Ride, Seamer Road, Scarborough YO12 4LW
- Sunday 12 - July - Harrogate - Hydro Leisure Centre, Jenny Field Drive, Harrogate HG1 2RP
- Monday 13 July - Northallerton - Allertonshire School, Brompton Road, Northallerton, DL6 1ED
- Tuesday 14 July - Thornton Le Dale - National Trust Car Park, No.5. Chestnut Avenue, Pickering, YO18 7RR
Before you attend you must book a test. There are two ways to do this depending on which testing group you are part of. Tests can be booked from 8pm the night before.
Book a test for anyone showing symptoms
Anyone in the country who is showing coronavirus symptoms is now eligible to book a swab test to find out if they have the virus. You should register for a coronavirus test on the NHS website.
People who don't have access to the internet, or who have difficulty with the digital portals, can ring the new 119 service to book their test.
Book a test if you're an essential worker
Essential workers and members of their household should register for a coronavirus test on the Government website.
Essential workers should also have the option to request a home testing kit or use the drive-through testing facility at the Poppleton Bar Park and Ride site in York.
You can find out more from the essential worker testing information on the Government's website.