Find out how to book a coronavirus (covid-19) test if you have symptoms.
Before you attend you must book a test. Tests can be booked from 8pm the night before. If test sites are fully booked they will not appear on the government's website.
Anyone in the country who is showing coronavirus symptoms is eligible to book a test to find out if they have the virus.
People who don't have access to the internet, or who have difficulty with the digital portals, can ring the 119 service to book their test.
Testing sites in North Yorkshire, as elsewhere in England, are operated and managed by the Department of Health and Social Care and private contractors employed by them. We try to help the Department by promoting the Mobile Testing Site locations and hosting information on how people with symptoms can book a test via the national government portal. We do not manage the national booking system or laboratory testing process.
Indications are that lab testing capacity is improving but, if you are unable to book a test at a local site straight away, please keep checking as availability varies during the day.
We are also supporting the Department in asking the public only to get a test if they are directed to do so by NHS Test and Trace or other NHS services – OR – if they have symptoms, to ensure that those people who need tests the most can be prioritised.
Testing sites operated and managed by the Department of Health and Social Care will be running at the following locations over the coming days between 11am and 3pm:
- Every day - Harrogate - Dragon Road Car Park, Dragon Road, Harrogate, HG1 5DB
- Every day - Scarborough - William Street Car Park, Scarborough. YO12 7PL
- Wednesday 25 November - Scarborough - Scarborough Park and Ride, Seamer Road, Scarborough, YO12 4LW
- Wednesday 25 November - Selby - Portholme Crescent car park, Selby, YO8 4QH
- Thursday 26 November - Whitby - Whitby Marina Car Park, Langbourne Road, Whitby, YO21 1YW
- Thursday 26 November - Richmond - Round Howe car park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4T
- Friday 27 November - Sherburn in Elmet - Pasture Way Carpark, Sherburn in Elmet, LS25 6LY
- Friday 27 November - Thornton Le Dale - National Trust Car Park, No.5. Chestnut Avenue, Thornton Le Dale, Pickering, YO18 7RR
- Friday 27 November - Northallerton - Newby Wiske Hall, Northallerton, DL7 9HA
- Saturday 28 November - Selby - South Entrance, DRAX Power Station, New Road, Selby, YO8 8PH
- Saturday 28 November - Skipton - Coach Street, Skipton, BD23 1LH
- Saturday 28 November - Filey - Filey Country Park, Church Cliff Drive, Filey, YO14 9ET
- Sunday 29 November - Scarborough - Scarborough Park and Ride, Seamer Road, Scarborough, YO12 4LW
- Sunday 29 November - Richmond - Round Howe car park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4T
- Sunday 29 November - Thirsk - Millgate Car Park, Marage Road, Thirsk, YO7 1PE
How to self-swab in your car
You may be offered a home testing kit instead of a testing appointment. If you have been delivered a home testing kit or have been given a self-test kit at a regional test site, here is a tutorial video that supports the written instructions in your pack, from Dr Amir Khan.
Testing for people who cannot consent
Some people aren't able to give consent for testing and you can find guidance on our deprivation of liberty page.