Find out how to book a coronavirus (covid-19) test if you have symptoms.
If you do not have symptoms you can still get a test. Find out more on our get a coronavirus test if you don't have symptoms page.
Before you attend you must book a test. Tests can be booked from 8pm the night before. If test sites are fully booked they will not appear on the government's website.
Anyone who is showing coronavirus symptoms is eligible to book a test to find out if they have the virus. You can also book a test if you are self-isolating after being in contact with someone who has tested positive.
People who don't have access to the internet, or who have difficulty with the digital portals, can ring the 119 service to book their test.
Testing sites in North Yorkshire, as elsewhere in England, are operated and managed by the Department of Health and Social Care and private contractors employed by them. We try to help the Department by promoting the Mobile Testing Site locations and hosting information on how people with symptoms can book a test via the national government portal. We do not manage the national booking system or laboratory testing process.
Permanent testing sites
All permanent sites, except the new Malton site, are open every day for testing between 8am and 1:30pm. Between 2:30pm and 8pm they are open for collecting tests if you don't have symptoms.
- Harrogate - Dragon Road Car Park, Dragon Road, Harrogate, HG1 5DB
- Scarborough - William Street Car Park, Scarborough. YO12 7PL
- Northallerton – The Forum, Bullamore Road, Northallerton, DL6 1LP
- Selby – Portholme Crescent Car Park, Selby, YO8 4YR
- Skipton - Cavendish Street Car Park, Skipton, BD23 1RP
The new permanent sites at Malton and Catterick are open 8am to 8pm every day, currently for administering tests only.
- Malton - Wentworth Street Car Park, Wentworth Street, Malton, YO17 7JR
- Catterick - Ypres Lines, Richmond Road, Catterick Garrison, DL9 3JF
Mobile testing sites
Mobile sites are open for testing from 9am to 3pm on the following days:
- Wednesday 21 April - Scarborough - Scarborough Park and Ride, Seamer Road, Scarborough, YO12 4LW
- Wednesday 21 April - Ripon - Coach Park, 3 Moss Arcade, Ripon, HG4 1AG
- Wednesday 21 April - Settle - Greenfoot Car Park, Settle, BD24 9RW
- Thursday 22 April - Leyburn - Harmby Road, Car Park, Leyburn, DL8 5EE
- Thursday 22 April - Easingwold - Easingwold Town AFC, Stillington Road, Easingwold, York, YO61 3DZ
- Friday 23 April - Sherburn in Elmet - Pasture Way Carpark, Sherburn in Elmet, LS25 6LY
- Friday 23 April - Stokesley - Stokesley Sports Club, Broughton Road, Stokesley, Middlesbrough, TS9 5JG
- Friday 23 April - Richmond - Round Howe Car Park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4TL
- Saturday 24 April - Selby - South Entrance, DRAX Power Station, New Road, Selby, YO8 8PH
- Saturday 24 April - Thornton Le Dale - North York Moors National Park Authority car park, No.5. Chestnut Avenue, Thornton Le Dale, Pickering, YO18 7RR
- Saturday 24 April - Filey - Filey Country park, Church Cliff Drive, Filey, YO14 9ET
- Sunday 25 April - Richmond - Round Howe Car Park, Reeth Road, Richmond, DL10 4TL
- Sunday 25 April - Thirsk - Millgate Car Park, Marage Road, Thirsk, YO7 1PE
How to self-swab in your car
Testing for people who cannot consent
Some people aren't able to give consent for testing and you can find guidance on our deprivation of liberty page.