Information about Boroughbridge community library and resource centre including contact details and services offered.
Boroughbridge community library and resource centre
17 St James Square
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday: 10am to 1pm
- Tuesday: 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 1pm
- Thursday: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Friday: 10am to 1pm
- Saturday: 10am to 1pm
- Sunday: closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is in St. James' Square, overlooking the square itself and is over the road from the Bean Coffee Shop.
Limited roadside car parking is available in the street opposite but there is a free car park in Back Lane behind the library. There is ramped access to the library as well as automatic doors. The Jubilee Room is on the first floor and is easily reached by stairs or platform lift. It can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Boroughbridge library website.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books for all ages in a variety of formats, including large print and audio. Music CDs, DVDs and foreign language titles are also available for loan, as well as micro:bits. You can request any item that is not immediately available.
Information and facilities at the library
- baby changing
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- free wi-fi
- help and support using IT
- home library and information service
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- study area
- support with bus passes, blue badge applications and related matters by appointment – please contact the library
- toilets, including baby-changing facilities
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
News and events
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at the library. See the library volunteering page or ask at the library for further details.