Children's centres aim to give children the best possible start in life and enable parents to support their child and family.
Where are we?
Tadcaster and rural Selby children's centres are based across three locations:
- Brotherton children's centre is a purpose built centre situated next to Brotherton and Byram CP School on Low Street.
- Sherburn children's centre, c/o Sherburn Library, Finkle Hill, Sherburn in Elmet LS25 6EA, is a satellite site and is attached to the Sherburn library which is situated behind a parade of shops on Finkle Hill.
- Tadcaster children's centre, Tadcaster Youth Centre, Manor Farm Estate, St Joseph's Street Tadcaster LS24 9HA, is a satellite centre.
Parking and accessibility
- Brotherton: Parking is available at the centre. If the centre car park is full, there is overflow parking adjacent to the main car park. Please ensure that you do not park in the designated disabled parking spaces unless you are a disabled user.
- Sherburn: There is no parking available at the children's centre but there are parking spaces in the village. There is also short stay car parking in the Co-Op store for a maximum of two hours. Please ensure you take care in coming to and from both centres. Be aware of cars passing quickly and a build-up of incoming and outgoing traffic during school drop off and pick up times.
- Tadcaster: The Manor Farm site is fully accessible with services being located at ground level. Parking is available to the rear of the building. All centres are easily accessible for all users. All the centres are on one level and accessible toilets and baby change facilities are available.
- Monday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Thursday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 8.30am - 4pm
- Saturday: closed
- Sunday: closed
Sherburn children's centre and Tadcaster children's centre are open for scheduled sessions only. For further information please call Brotherton children's centre on 01609 534720.
Download our programme of events and activities (pdf / 201 KB).
Please feel free to drop in to the children's centre or contact us to find out more. We are always keen to hear your thoughts and look forward to seeing you.