Information about Catterick community library including contact details and services offered.
Catterick community library
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday, 10am to 5pm
- Tuesday, 10am to 5pm *
- Wednesday, 10am to 7pm
- Thursday, 10am to 1pm * and 1pm to 7pm
- Friday, 1pm to 5pm *
- Saturday, 10am to 1pm
- Sunday, closed
* Self-service opening hours - the self-service unit can be used for borrowing and returning items and free wi-fi is available. However, the computers will not be available as they are used by classes during this time.
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is located in Catterick leisure centre on Gough Road, Catterick Garrison, opposite Tesco.
A free car park is available with disabled parking spaces provided. The library has automatic doors and all areas are accessible to wheelchairs.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books for all ages in a variety of formats, including large print and audio. Music CDs, DVDs and foreign language titles are also available for loan, as well as micro:bits. You can request any item that is not immediately available.
Information and facilities at the library
- baby changing
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- free wi-fi
- help and support using IT
- internet and computer access
- local studies
- meeting rooms available for hire
- military collection
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- study area
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
News and events
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at the library. See the library volunteering page or ask at the library for further details.