Useful documents to download including information and support for looked-after children and about fostering and care.
We can provide information and support for people wanting to act as foster parents or adopt a child. We also help children and young people who are in care or who are being harmed or neglected, or are facing that risk.
Worried about a child?
If you are worried about a child or a young person under 19, you should contact the children and young people's service through the customer services centre.
Outside office hours, you should contact the emergency duty team. All calls are taken seriously and can be taken in confidence.
In an emergency, always ring 999.
- About social care records (pdf / 222 KB)
- Assessments (pdf / 968 KB)
- Consent to share information (pdf / 105 KB)
- Independent reviewing service annual report 2014-15 (pdf / 550 KB)
- Independent reviewing team report 2014-15 (young people's version) (pdf / 7 MB)
- Information sharing consent form (pdf / 105 KB)
- Service Pathways for children’s journeys in North Yorkshire (pdf / 381 KB)
- Statement of Service Entitlement (pdf / 2 MB)
- What we do and where to go for help (pdf / 2 MB)
- When your child is looked after by the local authority (pdf / 2 MB)
- Young person's 'It's your home' guide (pdf / 9 MB)