Information about volunteering within the Children and Families’ Service – Early Help and how to express an interest.
Volunteering within our early help teams offers you the chance to get a real insight into our children and families service. You will be given an opportunity to begin to explore different career pathways, which may interest you and develop your skills to effectively support children, young people, and their families. Volunteering with us offers:
- a real opportunity to experience what it would be like to work in a particular area
- chance to explore and find out about the nature and purpose of different roles
- opportunity to reflect on the knowledge, skills and values
- a real opportunity to talk to practitioners and learn about their job role(s)
- reflect on the diverse job roles open to you within our organisation
- an opportunity to reflect on your career pathway
Our vision is to ensure we work in a culture in which we are all able to develop our expertise and share excellent practice. What we offer our volunteers with early help:
- good understanding of our Strength in relationships practice model
- access to on-line training courses to develop your skills and knowledge
- opportunities to observe outstanding practice
- chance to meet the teams and understand the structure of children and famil service and the different roles
- opportunities to work alongside children, young people and their families to really make a difference
- reflective supervision to develop your skills and experience and provide further opportunities
We have a number of different volunteering roles within Early Help so if you feel that you have skills that might be of benefit to our service and the families we serve we are always keen to hear from you.
Find out more about our children and family hubs.
How to express an interest
For more information about volunteering in your area please telephone your local team and ask for a volunteer application form.