Information about Colburn community library including contact details and services offered.
Colburn community library
Telephone: 01609 534592
Website: Catterick, Richmond and Colburn Community Libraries website.
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday: 2pm to 5pm
- Tuesday: 2pm to 5pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm
- Friday: 2pm to 5pm
- Saturday: 10am to 12noon
- Sunday: closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is situated at the Broadway, Colburn, at the shopping precinct on the road out of Catterick Garrison going towards Catterick Bridge. Colburn is served by bus service number 26 and a bus stop is a short distance from the library.
A large car park is available at the Broadway with spaces for disabled users and mother and toddler bays. Parking is free. The main doors to the building are automatic and all areas are accessible to wheelchairs.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books for all ages in a variety of formats, including large print and audio. Music CDs, DVDs and foreign language titles are also available for loan, as well as micro:bits. You can request any item that is not immediately available.
Information and facilities at the library
- family history
- free online access to Ancestry.com, Find My Past, the British Newspaper Archive and Access to Research
- free wi-fi
- help and support using IT
- internet and computer access
- family Matters collection
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- shared services with Richmondshire District Council
- library available to hire
- Reading Well collections
Activities at the library
For further information about any of the activities below, please contact the library.
Storytime for under 5s is held on Mondays at 2.15pm during term time. Activities may include stories, rhymes, singing and craft. Attendance is free.
News and events
Keep up to date with us on Catterick, Richmond and Colburn Community Libraries Facebook, follow North Yorkshire libraries on Library Service Twitter or Library Service Facebook page.
There are a number of opportunities to volunteer at the library. See the library volunteering page or ask at the library for further details.
Shared services - Richmondshire District Council
In addition to the usual library services, staff can help you with some services provided by Richmondshire District Council at the library:
- Make an enquiry or get advice on any district council services, including housing and benefit applications, council tax and refuse and recycling enquiries.
- Pay your rent, council tax, non-domestic rates, garage rent, sundry debtor invoices, car parking fines, lifeline, licensing fees, planning fees and excess refuse charges.
- Purchase a parking permit for car parks in the district.
- Attend a benefits surgery each every Friday between 2pm and 4pm.
The services are available at the following times:
- Monday, 2pm to 4.30pm
- Tuesday, 2pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesday, closed
- Thursday, 2pm to 4.30pm
- Friday, 2pm to 4.15pm
- Saturday, not available
- Sunday, closed
You can find more details on the services available from the Richmondshire District Council Colburn Community Office web page.