The community plan sets priorities for the county to help it thrive, adapt and remain a special place for everyone to live, work and visit.
The plan was written in partnership with local agencies including the district and borough councils, the police, the NHS and the fire and rescue service. The plan, which is led by a partnership comprising the 'Chief Executives Group North Yorkshire and York' and 'Local Government North Yorkshire and York', was formally approved at a full meeting of North Yorkshire County Council on 21 May 2014.
For further information about the work of the partnership and the development of the community plan visit the North Yorkshire Partnerships website.
The plan is a refresh of the 2011-14 plan and was updated in 2014 following a partner consultation, to ensure that our vision, priorities and action plan are the right ones to help make sure that the county is well placed to respond to both the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
The plan will focus the partnership's efforts on three key priorities over the next three years. These are to:
- facilitate the development of key housing and employment sites across North Yorkshire by delivering necessary infrastructure investments through partnership;
- support and enable North Yorkshire communities to have greater capacity to shape and deliver the services they need and to enhance their resilience in a changing world; and
- reduce health inequalities across North Yorkshire.
A number of actions have been agreed under these priorities and against which the chief executives group will be responsible for monitoring progress.
Viewing the community plan
- You can view the North Yorkshire community plan 2014-17 here (pdf / 236 KB).
- You can view the community plan equality impact assessment here (pdf / 312 KB).
If you have any queries about the plan, please contact email@example.com or call 01609 532750.