What to do if you are unhappy with the way the local authority is dealing with your child’s special educational needs.

Local authorities no longer have a role in general complaints about a school or educational institution, although they do still hear curriculum complaints. If you are complaining about council services (including complaints about assessment), you can submit a complaint online. You must complain to the council before taking the complaint further.

Submit a complaint online