Conservation areas and listed buildings

Find out who to contact about property developments within conservation areas and for listed buildings advice.

Services your district provides

Your district or borough council is responsible for providing information on the topics below:

Your local district or borough council can advise on procedures, the need for permission, what should be submitted with an application and what will be taken into account in deciding an application.

Copies of the statutory list of buildings of special architectural or historic interest are available for inspection at your local district or borough council offices.