You can contact us out of hours in an emergency.
Out of hours telephone number:
Further details about social care out of hours support and what is deemed an emergency can be found here.
We are unable to take ceremony bookings or answer general enquiries through this service.
Our limited out of hours service is available if you have an emergency connected to a ceremony that day or require a Muslim or Jewish faith burial within 24 hours. This service is only available at weekends, bank or public holidays from 10am to 4pm. If there is no answer, please leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Out of hours telephone number in an emergency only: 01609 780780
Our out of hours service is available for customers wishing to report:
- illegal importation of animals;
- an animal disease outbreak;
- door step traders or a report of distraction burglary;
- a petroleum incident; or
- an incident regarding the safety of a sport ground.
Out of hours telephone number: 01609 798885
Emergency highway issues
To report a dangerous issue on the highway outside of our office hours you can ring North Yorkshire Police on 101. This may include issues such as:
- spillages; and
- dangerous potholes.
If the issue does not pose an immediate danger, you can call our customer services team on 01609 780780 during office hours.
Emergency services - police, ambulance, fire and rescue
Dial 999 for the emergency services if:
- violence is being used or threatened;
- there is danger to life;
- a crime is in progress or offenders carrying out a crime have recently been disturbed; or
- there has been a road accident where people are injured, or there has been an accident that has affected traffic.