View telephone numbers for contacting North Yorkshire County Council.
General enquiries: 01609 780780
Social care services (and social care out of hours)
The customer services centre may be contacted for all social care services enquiries from adults, young people and children. The telephone number below will be answered by the emergency duty team outside of our opening hours. You can find out more about the out of hours service here.
Telephone: 01609 780780
Other ways to contact us by phone
Minicom (for hearing impaired individuals only): 01609 779838
Contact us online
Call recording policy
Our customer service standards
You can view our customer service standards below.
You can trust us to:
- do what we say we will do;
- be helpful and polite;
- treat you fairly and with respect;
- look at things from your point of view so we can provide what you need, when you need it; and
- protect your personal information.
Getting it right
- provide you with the right information advice and guidance;
- explain things clearly;
- say sorry and put it right if we make a mistake;
- involve you and your community to improve how we do things; and
- demonstrate value for money.
Keeping you informed
- deal with your request the first time you contact us, or as soon as we can;
- tell you what will happen next and by when;
- keep you updated with progress; and
- consult with you on changes to services.
- make more of our services available online to use at a time that suits you;
- explain clearly how to contact us in other ways;
- provide choice for you on how you would like to be contacted by us; and
- make it easy for you to use online services and help you when you need a hand.
We need you to:
- use online services where available;
- give us the correct information at the right time;
- tell us when something changes;
- be on time for any appointment; and
- treat our staff with respect.