View telephone numbers for contacting North Yorkshire County Council.
General enquiries 01609 780780
Fax 01609 532009
Social care services (and social care out of hours)
The customer services centre may be contacted for all social care services enquiries from adults, young people and children. The telephone number below will be answered by the emergency duty team outside of our opening hours. You can find out more about the out of hours service here.
Telephone 01609 780780
Fax (out of hours only) 01609 532009
For all other faxes, please ring in advance to obtain the fax number to ensure your confidentiality is maintained.
Other ways to contact us by phone
Minicom (for hearing impaired individuals only) 01609 779838
Contact us online
Call recording policy
Our customer service standards
You can view our customer service standards below.
When you contact us about any of our services, we will:
- be polite, helpful and respect your individual needs;
- aim to resolve your query at the first point of contact;
- provide plain, easy-to-understand information; and
- listen to your views and use these to improve our services.
Our promise to you
- When you write, or email us, we will acknowledge you within five working days;
- We will try to give you a full response within 20 working days. If that's not possible we will get in touch with you to explain why;
- When you ask for an appointment, we will make the arrangements for it within five working days. Your actual appointment will be within 20 working days;
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will see you within ten minutes of your appointment time or explain the reason for any delay;
- If you need to discuss a sensitive or confidential issue, we will arrange a private room for you; and
- When you telephone us, we will aim to answer your call promptly (within an average of 20 seconds).