This exciting new extra care housing scheme is being built on the former railway depot site at Station View, Starbeck, Harrogate.
Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association obtained planning permission to build the extra care housing scheme at the Starbeck site. The name for the scheme is The Cuttings, which acknowledges the historical train and goods services formerly located at Starbeck.
The scheme is jointly funded by Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association, North Yorkshire County Council, Keepmoat, the Homes and Communities Agency and The Charity Bank. Work started on site in March 2017 with expected completion in June 2018.
The scheme will consist of:
- 55 units, including 37 one-bedroom apartments, eight two-bedroom apartments and ten one-bed studio apartments;
- Each apartment will provide a high standard of accommodation that contains a lounge, fitted kitchen and a bathroom with a level access shower;
- All units will be available to rent in line with local housing benefit levels;
- Communal facilities including a lounge, restaurant, hair and beauty room, guest suite, assisted bathing suite, mobility scooter storage / charging facility, laundry and gardens;
- Specialist dementia care facilities; and
- Specialist catering facility for a community-wide, meals on wheels service (Harrogate Food Angels).
Residents at Greenfield Court in Harrogate will have the right to access The Cuttings in Starbeck, if they wish to do so. North Yorkshire County Council have secured 22 nomination rights for the scheme upon completion.
If you wish to receive regular bulletins on the progress of the development please email: email@example.com.
If you wish to express an interest in an apartment, please contact Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association on 01423 880487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, email North Yorkshire County Council on email@example.com.