Find out who to contact about issues with dogs and pest control.

Services your district provides

Your district or borough council is responsible for managing the dog and pest control issues below:

A pest control service is provided by your district council for pests considered to be a risk to public health or food safety including rats, house mice, cockroaches and fleas.

A service may also be provided to control pests that may become a nuisance in houses such as a wide range of beetles, silverfish, earwigs and wasps.

District and borough councils promote responsible dog ownership, enforce dog fouling and dog nuisance laws and deal with stray dogs.

District councils may provide bins in parks and other public areas for use by dog owners. They are also responsible for monitoring dog fouling and for initiating court proceedings against offenders.

By law, any person who permits a dog that is in their charge to foul any area to which the public has access is committing an offence.