We are a Duke of Edinburgh's award licensed organisation overseeing the award, available to young people in the county.
The award aims to provide a high-quality enjoyable, challenging and rewarding programme of personal development for young people aged between 14 and 25. You can visit the official website here.
Levels of Duke of Edinburgh award
There are three levels:
- Bronze (14 years upwards, or the beginning of Year 9 - minimum period of participation is six months);
- Silver (15 years upwards - minimum period of participation is 12 months); and
- Gold (16 years upwards - minimum period of participation is 18 months).
At each level there are four sections, plus a fifth section at gold level:
- Volunteering - all about making a difference to other people’s lives;
- Skills - about discovering what you’re really good at;
- Physical - is a chance for you to focus on your health and fitness;
- Expeditions - an unforgettable experience getting to grips with the outdoors; and
- Residential (gold only) - five days and four nights taking part in a shared, worthwhile activity with people you’ve never met before.
Getting involved with the Duke of Edinburgh award
You can get involved with the award at your school, college, university or some other youth organisations or employers.
For more information please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01609 798864. Alternatively speak to the Duke of Edinburgh award leader in your establishment.