Information about Eastfield community library including contact details and services offered.
Eastfield community library - More Than Books
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday, 10am to 7pm
- Tuesday, 10am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 10am to 5pm
- Thursday, 10am to 1pm
- Friday, 10am to 5pm
- Saturday, 10am to 12 noon
- Sunday, closed
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is located on Eastfield High Street just below the main shopping centre at the bottom of the pedestrian area. Eastfield Community Centre is directly opposite the main entrance. The nearest bus stop is for routes 7 and 17, which serve the nearby shopping area.
There is no dedicated car parking, but on-street parking is available adjacent to the library and there are no restrictions in force. The library has automatic doors and all areas are accessible to wheelchairs.
Popular library tasks
- Search for, reserve and renew books and other items in the library catalogue.
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks.
- Join the library online.
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum).
- Access online reference sources.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, DVDs, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- free wi-fi
- help with your blue badge application
- induction loop
- internet and computer access
- issuing of bus passes for disabled people and older people
- language courses
- local studies
- magazines and newspapers
- meeting room available for hire
- tea and coffee
Activities at the library
Please contact the library for information about activities and events.