We can provide disclosure and barring service (DBS) checks on behalf of your business or organisation.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enables employers to check the criminal records of employees or potential employees to see whether they are suitable to work with children or vulnerable groups.
We are a registered umbrella body with the DBS. We can provide a checking service to other organisations.
If your organisation employs someone to work paid or unpaid with children or vulnerable groups, you can carry out a DBS check on them. This is an important part of safe recruitment. You need to be registered with us before asking an applicant to apply for a check.
We welcome any organisation that wants to use the service. Currently, we have about 80 customers.
How to register as a new customer
If there are no queries with the registration form we will confirm acceptance of your initial application; issue further information about the process, DBS compliance requirements; and costs and invite you to sign and return the agreement by email, after which we will confirm the date you can start using the service. If we have a query on your registration form, we will email you to ask for further information.
Our recruitment and selection services are comprehensive and efficient, with a professional and friendly approach. Our team members bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from varying backgrounds.
Our target turn-around time for applications is 48 hours. All general enquiries are responded to within 48 hours and any errors on application forms are resolved immediately over the phone, where possible. Full training is given to new customers in accordance with the DBS umbrella body guidance (pdf / 339 KB).
- immediate online notification of DBS results - even after the applicant-only certificate has been introduced
- a flexible application and verification process, with no requirement to have a contact set up management system
- automated communications for DBS check and recheck management
- external ID checking available
- verification and decision-making training available
- access to online application and verification at any time
- specialist DBS support and advice available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
- save on consumables
- save on time taken to check an application has been completed accurately
- save on time taken to eliminate errors
- save on time taken to secure a DBS check
- support and guidance from a dedicated admin support team