Find GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacies and other health services

Find information and locations for GPs, hospitals, dentists, opticians, pharmacies and other health services.

Do it online

Find a GP, hospital, optician, dentist, pharmacy or other medical service near you: 

Find a GP

Find other medical services

Medical advice now

You can get quick answers to medical questions using the Medical advice now page from the NHS. The page contains links to symptom checkers; self-help guides; common health questions; the NHS 111 initial assessment tool; useful phone numbers; and more.

NHS 111

NHS 111 is a service that makes it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. Call 111 if you:

  • need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency;
  • think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service;
  • don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call; or
  • need health information.

Find out more about the NHS 111 service.

Healthwatch North Yorkshire

Healthwatch North Yorkshire provides a single point of contact for people in North Yorkshire to report their experiences, concerns or their compliments about health and social care.

Independent health complaints advocacy

For help with complaints about health in North Yorkshire, visit the help with NHS complaints in North Yorkshire website.

Further information

If you have to go into hospital, you should first ask a family member, neighbour or friend to help with your pet.

If they are unable to help, you may need to contact a local kennel or cattery. Your vet or district council dog warden service may also be able to suggest some options.

If you are suddenly taken ill and go into hospital or residential care, social care services may be able to help make arrangements for your pet. For more information, contact the customer services centre.

If you are considering moving to an extra care scheme, some of these do allow pets. See the extra care housing page for details. You might also find The Cinnamon Trust useful. It is a national charity for the elderly, the terminally ill and their pets and can help you find pet care if you have to go into hospital.

District or borough council service - dog warden service

You will need to contact the local authority in your area for information about dog warden services and certain animal welfare services.