What are the things that matter most to you in your community?
Maybe it’s bin collections, maintenance of the roads, grass cutting in the park, dog fouling or how to pay your council tax. You’ll have a chance to learn more about the future of these services in the first of a series of virtual locality roadshows.
The six roadshows via Teams Live – to be held in each of the six parliamentary constituencies from 4 April – will give you an opportunity to learn more about planning for the new North Yorkshire authority, which will be in place from 1 April 2023.
Under the plans, the current county, district and borough councils in North Yorkshire will be replaced by a single Council in April 2023. Until then, services will continue to be provided by North Yorkshire County Council and the seven district and borough councils.
From April 2023, the new council will deliver all services across the whole of the current county footprint.
To help you understand the process and inform you about the work taking place to plan for the new authority, senior officials from the eight district, borough and county councils across North Yorkshire have joined forces to hold the virtual roadshows, which take place via Teams Live next month.
Speaking about the importance of the roadshows, Richard Flinton, Chief Executive for North Yorkshire County Council, said: “As we progress with our change and transformation, we want to reassure North Yorkshire residents that we are committed to keeping you informed and engaged along the way.
“We value your views and the roadshows will also help you answer any questions and allay any fears that you may have.”
The roadshow will virtually visit towns across North Yorkshire next month. Sessions are free and open to everyone living in North Yorkshire. They will be held via Teams Live between 6.30pm and 8pm on:
- April 4 – Skipton and Ripon (Panel members: Paul Shevlin, Craven District Council Chief Executive; Wallace Sampson , Harrogate Borough Council Chief Executive and Neil Irving from North Yorkshire County Council). Join the Skipton and Ripon roadshow here.
- April 6 – Selby and Ainsty (Panel members: Janet Waggott, Selby District Council Chief Executive; Wallace Sampson and Neil Irving). Join the Selby and Ainsty roadshow here.
- April 12 – Harrogate and Knaresborough (Panel members: Wallace Sampson and Neil Irving). Join the Harrogate and Knaresborough roadshow here.
- April 13 - Scarborough and Whitby (Panel members: Mike Greene, Scarborough Borough Council Chief Executive, and Richard Flinton, Chief Executive of North Yorkshire County Council). Join the Scarborough and Whitby roadshows here.
- April 14 – Thirsk and Malton (Panel members: Stacey Burlet, Chief Executive of Ryedale District Council, and Richard Flinton). Join the Thirsk and Malton roadshow here.
- April 26 - Richmond (Panel members: Tony Clark, Chief Executive of Richmond District Council, and Richard Flinton). Join the Richmond roadshow here.