Resources for business owners, employers or staff, around the measures implemented to prevent and respond to COVID-19 within workplaces.
Report a case
Workplace settings are asked to report positive cases of COVID-19 through their usual reporting mechanisms to NYCC Health and Adult Services:
Please copy reports of laboratory confirmed cases or positive cases to email@example.com and call the Public Health England Health Protection Team on 0113 386 0300 or, out of hours, on 0114 304 9843.
Notification and requests for support for positive cases of COVID-19 please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the following header - ‘Email header: ‘positive COVID case – type of setting i.e. accommodation/workplace/leisure accommodation [name of setting and District]’
You should call Public Health England Health Protection Acute Response Centre (ARC) on:
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm: 0113 386 0300
Out of hours: 0114 304 9843
North Yorkshire Resources
- Managing and preventing Covid-19 in workplace settings (pdf / 84 KB)
- Test and Trace letter template (docx / 188 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: sharing: car sharing (pdf / 168 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: ventilation (pdf / 45 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: hand hygiene (pdf / 305 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: social distancing (pdf / 86 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: shared welfare facilities (shared rest and changing areas) (pdf / 64 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: creating Covid secure offices (pdf / 49 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: touchpoints (pdf / 46 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: smoking shelters (pdf / 49 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: canteens and vending machines (pdf / 49 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: cleaning (pdf / 46 KB)
- Workplace practical hints and tips: vaccinations (pdf / 116 KB)
Government and HSE guidance
The government and HSE have produced guidelines to ensure workplaces are safe and the workforce is protected from coronavirus.
- Working safely during coronavirus
- Health and Safety Executive guidance to working safely
- Completion of a COVID-19 Risk assessment
- Cleaning of the workplace
- If you need to self-isolate or cannot attend work due to coronavirus guidance
- Practical guide for employers who want to offer workplace testing for asymptomatic employees
- Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace
PHE/Government setting specific guidance
- Close contact services
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, Plants and Warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and Contact centres
- Working in other people’s homes
- Shops and branches
- Working in or from vehicles
- Adult social care workers
- Health Care workers
- Education and childcare
- Public transport operators
- Private providers of coronavirus testing
- NHS Test and Trace workplace guidance
- Test and Trace Support payment scheme
- FAQ's about Covid testing in the workplace (pdf / 863 KB)
Guidance if your employees travel abroad for work
Travel advice has been updated by the government, with exemptions for travelling to certain countries and territories that no longer pose a high risk for British travellers.
The government continues to advise against non-essential international travel, except to countries and territories listed. You can view the full list of exempted travellers here - and exempted destinations here.
Other useful information
- ACAS - Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees.
- PPE - Information on PPE equipment.
- Working from home equipment advice – Find out what equipment, services or supplies are taxable if your employees are working from home due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Commuting - Information on travelling to work and social distancing.
- Advising staff and visitors that your premises are Covid-secure
Support for the health and wellbeing of your workforce
Covid specific information for staying well in work, links to ideas for mental wellbeing:
- Every Mind Matters
- Financial support during Covid-19
- Bereavement support
- Support to reduce alcohol intake
- Mental health support for small business owners and team leaders (pdf / 409 KB)
Support for those suffering domestic abuse