Resources for business owners, employers or staff, around the measures implemented to prevent and respond to COVID-19 within workplaces.
Report a case
Workplace settings are asked to report laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 through their usual reporting mechanisms to NYCC Health and Adult Services:
Notification and requests for support for laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the following header - ‘Email header: ‘Laboratory confirmed COVID case – type of setting i.e. accommodation/workplace/leisure accommodation [name of setting and District]’
You should call Public Health England Health Protection Acute Response Centre (ARC) on:
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm: 0113 386 0300
Out of hours: 0114 304 9843
North Yorkshire Resources
Government and HSE guidance
The government and HSE have produced guidelines to ensure workplaces are safe and the workforce is protected from coronavirus.
- Working safely during coronavirus
- 5 Practical steps to work safely
- Health and Safety Executive guidance to working safely
- Completion of a COVID-19 Risk assessment
- Cleaning of the workplace
- NHS Test and Trace workplace guidance
PHE/Government setting specific guidance
- Close contact services
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, Plants and Warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and Contact centres
- Working in other people’s homes
- Shops and branches
- Working in or from vehicles
- Adult social care workers
- Health Care workers
- Education and childcare
- Public transport operators
Guidance if your employees travel abroad for work
Travel advice has been updated by the government, with exemptions for travelling to certain countries and territories that no longer pose a high risk for British travellers.
The government continues to advise against non-essential international travel, except to countries and territories listed. You can view the full list of exempted travellers here - and exempted destinations here.
Other useful information
- ACAS - Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees.
- PPE - Information on PPE equipment.
- Working from home equipment advice – Find out what equipment, services or supplies are taxable if your employees are working from home due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Commuting - Information on travelling to work and social distancing.
- Advising staff and visitors that your premises are Covid-secure.
- If there is a case in your workplace - PHE Action cards for early outbreak management.
Support for the health and wellbeing of your workforce
Covid specific information for staying well in work, links to ideas for mental wellbeing: