Information about Helmsley community library including contact details and services offered.
Helmsley community library
This library is managed and operated by volunteers working in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council.
Library opening hours
- Monday, closed
- Tuesday, 10am to 12 noon
- Wednesday, closed
- Thursday, 10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Friday, 10am to 6pm
- Saturday, 10am to 12 noon
- Sunday, closed
Popular library tasks
- Search for, reserve and renew books in the library catalogue.
- Borrow e-books or digital audiobooks.
- Join the library online.
- View library charges or pay online (£10 minimum).
- Access online reference sources.
Finding the library, parking and access
The library is at the front of the Town Hall, centrally located in the marketplace. The 128, Stephenson's and 194 buses all stop in the marketplace.
A short-stay pay car park is outside the library. Long-stay parking is available in the town and is clearly sign posted. The library is accessible to wheelchairs.
Items available from the library
You can borrow a range of books, large print books, story tapes and talking books.
Information and facilities at the library
- baby changing facilities
- children's area with toys
- family history
- free wi-fi
- internet and computer access
- IT taster sessions
- language courses
- local studies
- magazines and newspapers
Activities at the library
Please contact the library for information about activities and events.