Home education or homeschooling is where parents choose to education their child at home. Parents must ensure their children receive a suitable education.
Whilst most parents choose to use schools, it is the legal right of parents to educate their children at home if they wish and we will co-operate with those parents who make this choice.
Where parents or carers are considering home education for their child:
- either before they start any schooling (but are approaching statutory age); or
- as an alternative to the existing school a child is already attending:
we will provide a home visit by a family outreach worker to ensure the family are aware of the processes, any requirements and what guidance or resources are available to support them.
- Elective home education guidance for parents and carers (pdf / 854 KB)
- Elective home education resources for parents and carers (pdf / 176 KB)
- Elective home education policy and procedures (pdf / 497 KB)
For initial enquiries about home education please telephone 01609 780780 or contact us by live chat.